Wednesday, November 28, 2012

traditions traditions...













every year, the night before thanksgiving, the ladies in my family bake pies. it's been a tradition for years now and i look forward to it every year. it's also a bonus having little brylee around now. she is just so dang cute i forget what i'm doing. who cares if the pie burns? i've got a little girl to smother with auntie kisses! 
this year we didn't make as many pies as usual. for some reason, in past years everyone wanted to make one for someone, but thankfully this year that was not the case. baking 8 pies... it takes too long! i decided to do my traditional fresh pumpkin pie with graham cracker crust and my mom helped me make a brownie pecan pie. thank you to a beautiful mess for the idea. it was absolutely delicious!
since my sister and her husband are moving in december, i've got to soak up all the time i can with them. i really don't know where we will all be next year. we're not sure how often they'll be able to come to california. tyler has also applied for jobs out of state so we could be gone next year too. i have to stop myself from worrying so much about the hole that will be left here when they go. i'm just trying to enjoy the time i have left before a very long and tortuous dry spell of brylee and kimmy time. 
this year i am so thankful for my dear family and the time i am able to share with them. thanksgiving photos to come!

4 comments:

Whit said...

Love this!!!!

Unknown said...

Whoa! I am just catching up on your blog and everyone is moving! The Grochmal's (not that we really know them but I knew Nate), your sister (where?) and possibly you guys? I know I heard Tyler mention a couple years ago that he wanted to live out of state, but that was like 2 years ago! Anyway can I convince you guys to apply for jobs in Seattle? Cause that's probably where we'll end up :) Otherwise, the south is pretty amazing. Just saying... :)

Ashley and Blake said...

I know how u feel! My parents are moving to Idaho too! I don't like it. But Kim can spend the holidays with them if she needs to!!

Amy Rex said...

Kelly - we LOVE seattle...tyler would move there in a heartbeat. he is applying in orange county and la too so we're waiting to see how things go here before we start a new round of applications. but seattle is definitely on our list! oh and kim is moving to idaho. morgan is finishing up at byui. :)

Ashley - let's road trip to visit them next year! that would be SO fun!