Tuesday, March 27, 2012

things i love: oranges






sometimes i ride my bike to the gym. along the way there are several orange trees next to the bike path and right now the orange blossoms smell amazing! tonight, while riding home i passed by the trees and decided to pick some.

as a child i used to eat oranges with my grandpa jack. my grandma told me that one time i said to my grandpa... "get off your duff and get me an orange" (for those of you who knew me as a child you know this type of feisty behavior was rather typical).

now, each time i take a bite of a juicy and delicious orange i always think of grandpa jack. i can't wait to sink my teeth into one of these fresh-off-the-tree oranges and ponder on the days when he sat beside me as we enjoyed an orange together.

1 comment:

shira said...

love your feisty younger self comment. too cute.