Monday, December 17, 2012

my life in instagram


 
just a few photos from instagram of life lately. 

there is a lot going on. every morning i wake up feeling anxious about the days or weeks ahead. a lot is uncertain. there is a lot of fun things though, too. it's very strange. i guess i am just having a hard time adjusting to the upcoming changes, the demands on my time and the possibility of new opportunities coming our way. but i really want to want to be more excited as opposed to nervous. 

the planner in me is sick of being disappointed. the hippie in me is getting sick of the planner always bringing us down when things don't go according to plan. i think that life as of late has been teaching me to let go and just let life take me where it wants me to go. there is no use in getting all fussy about things that i really cannot control anyhow. but i also need to take control of things that are dependent upon me. instead of waiting for things to happen, i just want to make things happen for myself. oh, this tug of war inside my head.

this month has been really fun though. lots of memories made and fun times had with friends and family. we are so blessed to have such great people in our lives. we have kind of slacked on our advent calendar, so planner amy is feeling guilty, but hippie amy is just fine. i think hippie wins this round. christmas time isn't about how many holiday activities i do. it's about spending time on things and people that matter most. so that is what i am doing. something's gotta give.

my instagram username: @amyrexphoto

1 comment:

Jessica D said...

your brother is so grown up!!! wow! great pics!