Tuesday, May 29, 2012

our weekend


this weekend was wonderful. it included the following...
the avengers.
chipotle.
girl time.
sleeping in. 
holding brylee while she slept. 
karaoke for greg's birthday.
danielle's cake.
sweet spiritual moments at church.
family dinner with the darrow sisters. 
hanging at steph's new embroidery shop. 
mafia. 
fourth meal at in n out. 
mafia.
yoloing more than we have ever yolo-ed before. 
snuggling in bed for hours. yes, hours
perfect weather. 
lunch on the patio. 
shopping at anthro & urban for me. 
shopping at adidas for him. 
what to expect. 
pizza hut. 
oreo milkshakes. 

it was a great weekend. it was just what we needed.

 in case you didn't know, the last month has been rough for me. 
i guess if it can't get better i just hope it doesn't get any worse. things with work. things with friends. things with tyler's job search. things with family. ugh. i just wonder if Heavenly Father thinks he has given me enough yet. i sure hope so. but maybe not. i just have to keep moving forward.
i have the knowledge that every trial i go through makes me stronger. i know that it is happening to me for a purpose. so that i can learn. so that i can be a better person. i don't know if that knowledge makes things easier, but i feel like it does. maybe. 
because of these things i have been a lot closer to the spirit. i listen to a lot of conference talks. i cherish those moments at church when the spirit touches my heart. i cherish the moments with friends and family who make me feel better, who truly care about me & tyler. i cherish tyler & the love he shows me. when everything else around you seems to be tumbling down, when it seems that all is lost, that is when you see who is there for you. that is when you see how much you still have. 
my hope is that the month of june brings about less sorrow and more joy. less frustration and more excitement. less tears and more smiles & laughter.
i am grateful for the blessings that i have. the blessings that have come to me, maybe because of my trials, over the past few weeks. i could not make it through without the guidance from the spirit, the ability and privilege to pray, inspiration from leaders, friends and family. 
and definitely tyler. how bare my life would be without him. 
he is my rock. he is my peace. he is my love.  
 the last few weeks have made me think of a quote i love from Gordon B. Hinckley...
"grant us faith to look beyond the problems of the moment 
to the miracles of the future"
if the level of suckiness of the "moment" has anything to do with how amazing the miracle is in the future... 
i am due for something pretty darn good.

2 comments:

Ashley and Blake said...

Amy, I just adore you. I love reading ur blog. You always inspire me to be better. I'm Sorry things haven't been great lately but I know there are a lot of great things in store for you and Tyler. And maybe ur trials are there to help you strengthen others around you too, like me! Try and do at least one thing a day that really makes you happy, even if u don't feel up for it! I'd love to get together with you sometime! What type of work is Tyler looking for?

Erin said...

ditto what Ashley said above. I hope June is an amazing and happy month for you!!! Thanks for reminding me that when it gets tough, conference talks are a great way to put things in perspective!!!