Wednesday, August 17, 2011

surge

You know that feeling you get every once in a while? That surge of gratitude for something or someone in your life. Maybe it's when you're driving around on a lunch break with your hubbie drinking an ice cold beverage. Maybe it's when you're sitting at the dinner table with your family. Maybe it's when you're singing Christmas carols. Maybe it's when you're laughing so hard your stomach hurts.
No matter when or how it happens to you, I think you know what I mean.

That feeling of overwhelming happiness for life in it's current state.

Today I got one of those, but it was for the future. For the future of being a mom. Of being able to hold my baby in my arms and that baby being a product of the overwhelming love and happiness that Tyler and I share together. Maybe it isn't going to happen tomorrow or next month or next year. But it will happen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm no baby expert or anything but I think I can guarantee it won't happen tomorrow or next month. I'd say roughly 9 months at the earliest (just a ballpark guess from personal experience), unless you have a deep dark secret. Just thought I'd impart my vast knowledge. PS, we're in our new place in Arcadia now.