Tuesday, August 9, 2011

she's a daughter

Yesterday my sister Kimberly and her husband Morgan became parents. I was able to sit in the room, camera in hand, as the miracle of life occurred right before my eyes. It was the most indescribable experience of my life and I will do my best to never forget the joy that was felt in that room as that sweet baby girl entered the world. As soon as she was in the doctor's hands we were all struck with instant happiness. It was seriously one of the best days ever. Kimberly handled labor amazingly. I am SO proud of her. She got induced around 8 am, progressed throughout the day, got an epidural in the late afternoon, by 8:40 pm she was pushing and by 9:21 pm she was born.

My niece is seriously the prettiest baby I have ever seen. I cannot get over how amazing she is and she looks just like her mom. It's hard to put into words the feelings that were felt yesterday. As I was editing the photos this morning I got choked up all over again. I am so grateful that Kimberly and Morgan wanted me to take photos of their special day and I'm so grateful for their love and kindness. To be an eternal family is truly a blessing. I think it's moments like these that put so many things into perspective and it gets me really excited for my turn to become a mommy. Morgan was an amazing coach for Kimberly and seeing them get through this experience made me realize just how much Tyler means to me.

Brylee, we have been waiting for you for a long time and we are so excited to watch you live your life. Thank you for coming to earth and for teaching our family a little more about life and what it's all about.

Brylee Sue Clausen.
Born 8.8.11.
7 pounds 3 ounces.
21 inches long.






More photos to come...

No comments: