Wednesday, August 1, 2012

it's the little things




with the constant rush of life it is so easy to get caught up in things that don't matter very much. for me it usually takes something simple to bring me back to what matters most. the other night while doing some research for an upcoming photo session i walked through the park by myself. i came upon this spot and decided i needed to sit for a moment. it was just what i needed. i needed to sit and just be alone. be nearer to some nature and beauty. be nearer to my self.

life is so busy lately and quality time with tyler has become a rarity. for family night we enjoyed a simple dinner at in n out. we ate our hamburgers while catching up with one another. listening to each other. talking about the future. talking about life. expressing our concerns, hopes and excitement. this is just what i needed. time with tyler. time with my best friend. time with the one person who gets me better than the rest. time with a man that continues to surprise me and impress me. i didn't want to leave. i didn't want that lovely moment to end. in that moment i wished i could make time stand still. make that simple conversation last forever.

leonardo da vinci said that simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication. i whole heartedly agree. i feel so much happier when i simplify my life. i feel so much happier when i get to spend time doing things that matter. doing things that make me happy. doing things for me, not for someone else. i am blessed to belong to a church that encourages me to be a better woman and teaches me that i need to pay attention to the things that matter most.

No comments: