new years resolutions are tough for me sometimes. because i am a task oriented person i find it difficult to narrow my list down to an appropriate/realistic amount of goals or ambitions. so i tried to think about it a lot and talk it over with tyler. together we have decided on the following goals. some of them are mine and some of them are ours.
mine: read five (5) books. this may not sound like much, but since i graduated it's been tough for me to start a book and actually finish it. so this is actually a bit of a challenge for me.
ours: read the book of mormon together
ours: save enough money to pay off our student loan in july
mine: stick to my diet plan. exercise self control & self discipline. stretch myself in my work outs.
mine: live life simpler. be happy with what i have & try not to complicate things by putting too much on my plate. don't waste time watching tv when there are more constructive things i could be doing.
mine: try out my dad's old road bike.
mine: continue to make progress with my photography. maybe be brave & quit my job so i can really focus on making money while doing something i am passionate about.
ours: make meals from the biggest loser cookbooks i got for christmas
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
last year i made an inspiration board and i did accomplish some things. i would now like to toot my own horn just a little. there are still things on that list that i need to accomplish, but i would like to share what i actually did accomplish...
- i now have created the habit of reading scriptures everyday. for a long time i would start up and just lose the motivation or forget to read each day. i know it helps me to be happier and closer to the spirit so i have tried really hard this year to finally make it stick. this has been an ongoing struggle for me to remember, but not anymore! yay!
- i am proud to say that we got a lot of use out of our bikes over the past year. it's been really fun to ride with our friends too.
- i made the goal of running another marathon and in october i did it! it was awesome.
- i wanted to sew more & i made a blanket for my niece!
- i tried a bunch of recipes from my jillian michaels cookbook.
- i bought my D700 & launched my photography blog. i also attended the tonya joy workshop and learned a ton. i am really grateful that i was able to make some major progress.
here's to another great year.
i have a feeling it will be even more exciting than the last.