Monday, February 14, 2011

paper hearts


Today is the day. The day dreaded by all single people and probably some non-single people as well. Yes, Valentines Day is a cute idea. I like that people have a day where they can express their love to their significant other & be all cutesy. But honestly, it gets a little inconvenient for those of us who just had Christmas, an anniversary and a hubbies birthday.
But this is how it will be for the rest of time and some how we (more like I) have got to figure out how to make it a special day without breaking the (still recuperating) bank. So here are a few of the things I'm doing to make it a little bit more LOVE-ly around here today...

-Ask him to be my valentine
-Give him lots of extra kisses & hugs
-Paint my nails red
-Wear a red top
-Lovingly accept his little paper heart he made me last night at midnight as he asked me to be his valentine
-Pick out a super cute/funny card
-Cuddle with him
-Come home from work and get all gussied up
-Be his date to a semi-fancier-than-normal dinner


Yes, we still love each other even though we don't get up at the crack of dawn to make heart shaped pancakes for each other. And no, I don't really have the time or the patience to decorate our apartment with paper hearts and candies, but I do love my valentine. He is pretty darn cute & I can hardly wait to get all pretty and go out on a date with him.

My dear Valentine,


Love,
Amy

No comments: