Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Something to Look Forward to...



If you recall from my last post, Tyler and I spent some time at Velo Cult Bike Shop in SD where I fell in LOVE with the beauty above. I have always wanted a bike and I cannot really remember the last time I had one. Since I have become more aware of being "Green" I have wanted to drive less. I now walk to school, we recycle (even though it is a hassle while living in a one bedroom apartment) and we try not to drive the Tahoe unless we have a lot of luggage to cart around. SO when we saw this bike we both KNEW that it was "the one" for me. Tyler actually seemed more excited about it than I did. So he decided to buy it for me as a graduation present. We looked around and found a local shop over in Tustin that could order it for us. We ordered it a couple weeks ago and seriously not a day goes by that I don't wish I had that bike RIGHT NOW! I think the waiting period has been good because now I have TONS of ideas of ways I can use it! Tyler called for an update today and they said they called manufacturer (Linus) and they said it is going through customs and it should be here in 2 or 2 1/2 weeks! I am SUPER excited!

Side note: Life has been a little rough the last week or so with school starting, our schedules changing and work related issues that I will not go into. And as if the previous few days weren't difficult enough... I also bought a new pair of shoes for my 4 ...that is right... 4 exercise classes that I am taking this semester and on my way to school they made my heals BLEED! Luckily my dear friend Lauren saved the day and brought me shoes and socks and transformer band-aids. As soon as I got home I grabbed some shout to clean off the blood and took those suckers back! I am sticking with what I know... my lovely runners. But life is looking up. I am getting back into the groove of being a full time student again and I am excited that this is my LAST semester!
Although life isn't easy I know I need to keep a good attitude because I learn from all the things I go through. The quote I have on my bathroom wall pretty much sums it up "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain".

No comments: