Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A Year, Snowboarding and Saying Goodbye

Our one year anniversary was spent on a car ride to Park City Utah where we stayed for a week with the Pitts clan (minus Kim and Morgan :( ). It was an adventure to say the least. After being in the car for 14 hours we arrived at our rental home and settled in. It was fantastic! I snow boarded it up on monday and my dad busted out his skis for the first time in ages. Tyler and I didn't make a big fuss about our anniversary, (I can't decide whether that is a good thing or a bad thing) we just exchanged cards before we went to bed. It was an eventful trip... some of us went in the hot tub in freezing cold weather, the girls had a spa/shopping day, we went snow mobiling, visited Salt Lake, and drove in a snow storm. Here are a few good pics...













On Friday morning my family hit the road for home and Tyler and I rented a car. We stayed with Tyler's long time friend Regan Johnson and his family for the weekend and we got to see Regan play a show in downtown SLC!
On Saturday January 10 we said goodbye to Melvin Brady, Tyler's grandpa. He was an amazing man who will be missed and always remembered. Although I didn't have the opportunity to know grandpa very long I was blessed to see glimpses of his love and personality and hard work. I am grateful for the sweet little moments when he looked at me with those big blue eyes and spoke words of love.

No comments: