Friday, January 30, 2009

Can I REALLY do this?


That was the first thought that entered my head as I walked onto the Cal State Fullerton campus on tuesday. I always knew I would get to a University and finish up my Bachelor's degree, but was I really cut out for this? I felt like a very small fish in a very very large pond. I went to my classes and it wasn't too bad, but I came home and really got to thinking how badly I really wanted this. I came to the conclusion that I am too close to the finish line to give up now. I can totally conquer this... even if that means that I finish courses without even fully grasping the reason as to why I was there, eat lunch alone and sweat like crazy as I walk to and from campus everyday. I really had to remind myself of how much I love my major. Luckily I am in a Soc of Family class, which I can already tell will help me remember why sociology is so completely amazing to me. Although I cannot say the same about my research methods class. All that comes to mind when I think of that class is ?????????
But not to fear... I will finish and I am even more motivated than ever before to get my degree. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I am going for it!

3 comments:

Jessica Jane said...

You go Amy!! I'm so excited for you!! I know you will finish and do awesome.

And I will totally come to your graduation and bring you gorgious flowers and tell you how smart you are. And before that we can go shopping for the greatest ever outfit for you to wear!

Whit said...

Good for you! Go get 'em tiger. It's great to be done so just hunker down and get through it! I love this picture by the way...isn't it the tampon lady?? :)

Jessica D said...

I know it is hard...When I started there were so many discouraging classes in my major--still are. You will get a few classes that completely affirm how much you want to do what you want to do and teachers as well. You just have to remember it is all those crap classes that get you where you need to go.

By the way--I know Susan Larsen teaches at CSUF--you should take her for Sociology. She was one of my favorite professors I ever took--made me want to switch majors. I had her for intro to soc over winter break but she teaches over there primarily.

Good luck my dear!! : )