Thursday, May 23, 2013

happy mother's day




i was fortunate enough to be able to spend mother's day in california with family. we were in town for a wedding a couple days before and then sunday afternoon tyler flew out for his last training trip. i was happy to stay in california to celebrate mother's day and my mom's birthday! it was a great week. the weather was pleasantly warm, we got to spend time together as a family and my sister and i got to treat mom to lunch and a mani/pedi. 
as i have gotten older, and as my life has changed in almost every way this year, i have grown to appreciate my mother and the other people in my life who have helped me to become the person i am today. my relationship with my mother has not always been the best. we haven't always seen eye to eye and we are both pretty feisty ladies. but i am so happy to say that our relationship is better than ever. i love her more than words can express and i cannot imagine my life without her. she is such a strength to me and continues to be a support to me. 
happy mother's day mom. i love you!

No comments: